Hi Guys....hope you are ready for a little DIY inspiration today....my next DIY project over at Project Wedding is a prettly floral crown....floral crowns are so popular these days and I love them....not only for weddings, but so cute for date night and other special occassions or just because it makes you happy wearing one....capturing all the details is my girl Tori Watson of Marvelous Things Photography.....Enjoy...xoxo
Peonies Ranunculus Feverfew Seeded Eucalyptus Black Berries Scissors Floral Tape Fine Gauge Floral Wire (cut into 5 inch lengths) Floral Cloth Wire (2 pieces)
How to make the hoop to hold the flowers:
1. Take the 2 pieces of floral cloth wire and place one piece midway on top of the other piece and with the floral tape, tape the two pieces together. You will cover the entire wire with the floral tape.
2. At this point, you can wrap the wire around your head and if it is too long, cut off what is needed, but always allow enough length for any adjustments at the end.
Wiring the flowers:
3. Cut the fine gauge floral wire into 5 inch lengths
4. Wire the flowers and wrap the stems in floral tape (helps to seal in the moisture)
5. For the peonies, because of the thickness of the stems, you can simply place the wire along the side of the stem and wrap with the floral tape
Note....you can also make little bundles of flowers by mixing certain flowers together
6. Once you have wired and tape all the flowers, cut the stem down to about 2 inches
Making the floral crown:
7. Start placing the flower bundles on the hoop and taping them in place.At this point, just go for it and make it as small or as big and fluffy as you want!
8. Once completed, make a small “hook” on the ends of the hoop to hold the floral crown in place on your head. You can also tie ribbon on the ends if you like.
And there you have it!.......DIY Time: Took about an hour to make and 30 minutes for the prep!
And I have to give a huge shout out to Tori's friend for being our beautiful model!!